- Everyone freaked out when Variety reported that a sequel to It's a Wonderful Life was in the works, but now it seems like it's not happening. Whew (for now.)
- Vulture celebrated Fame in 1998 with a spectacular series of reported pieces and first-person essays by that crazy year's pop culture players. Favorites: How Friends Writers Decided to Pair Off Monica and Chandler (What? Sure!) and Dave Holmes On MTV in 1998.
- The Onion's review of Catching Fire, um, caught fire.
- This was the best think piece on the success, reception, awesomeness of, and flaws inherhent within The Best Man Holiday.
- The interactive video (keep reading!) for Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" took the internet by storm. Seriously: try this out. It only gets more and more amazing.
- And finally: Sarah Silverman experienced a total publicity coup when a Variety TV critic wrote about how she'll never make it in Hollywood because of her dirty jokes, or something. Everyone rushed to her defense, it was amazing!
Nice thing about that Variety article concern-trolling @SarahKSilverman's potty mouth? It brought the comedians and the feminists together!— Rebecca K. (@isadora_ink) November 21, 2013
I don't even like Sarah Silverman, and my first reaction was STILL "Shut the hell up, Variety" http://t.co/llxk2q3N76— Ashley Steves (@NoThisIsAshley) November 20, 2013
Sarah Silverman’s Bad Career Move: Being as Dirty as the Guys http://t.co/BQd52IzqTi Good lord is this sexist, clueless & condescending— Nathan Rabin (@nathanrabin) November 21, 2013
What's bananas about how out of date that Variety review is has to do with the fact that Sarah Silverman has ALWAYS been everything.— Julie Klausner (@julieklausner) November 21, 2013
I can't believe that .@SarahKSilverman article in Variety got past more than one human's eyes. Isn't Hollywood super liberal or something?— Owen J. O'Riordan (@OwenJOR) November 21, 2013
Sarah's HBO special, We Are Miracles, premieres Sunday night.